Where to dine and what to do in 2018 top this week's hot headlines
Editor's note: Two weeks into the new year, and we're all clamoring to know the hottest things happening in 2018, whether it's new restaurants, hotel openings, or cultural events. Read on to learn about the hip things coming to Austin this year.
1. Here are the highly anticipated Austin restaurants opening in early 2018. Monitoring restaurant closures may be the national pastime of Austin, but it hasn't stopped the onslaught of new eateries from opening. Here are the ones we're most looking forward to trying.
2. Big names in Austin barbecue face backlash over new wedding venue. The brothers behind Terry Blacks BBQ recently purchased land in Dripping Springs to build a wedding venue. Let's just say a few of their neighbors are smokin' mad about it.
3. Lavish Clarksville villa is the most expensive Airbnb rental in the U.S. Have $10 grand to spend on a staycation? Then we have just the place for you.
4. Unusual South Congress spot will house Austin's newest boutique hotel. The H-E-B on the corner of Congress Avenue and Oltorf Street is about to get one ritzy neighbor.
5. The 12 must-attend Austin events to up your cultural cred in 2018. There is no end to incredible cultural things to do in Austin. Here are 12 you won't want to miss.