Links We Love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Valentine's Day is less than a month away, so here is a collection of the worst failed romantic gestures. It's sure to bring up deeply repressed memories of middle school crushes, but that pain is therapy. At least you probably didn't play the clarinet.
2. Finding a movie to watch on Netflix can be hit-or-miss, so here are the 10 biggest cult films of the Netflix era, according to Pajiba. You know, in case you were hoping to be productive this week. Probably shouldn't watch The One I Love with your significant other, though.
3. Do you know a snob? Are they insufferable? Well, according to Cracked, they might just be right when they say things like, "That semester in Barcelona really changed who I am and how I see the world," which is probably worse than just being annoying and wrong.
4. Mental Floss shows us 15 gorgeous free little libraries. They're so tiny! And free! Reading is fundamental. It's also fun. There's no snark here, just enthusiasm over books. Go read one after you finish all those Netflix films.
5. And, finally, 50 completely unexplainable stock photos that no one will ever use. Each one is like a tiny nightmare that people were paid to create.