Editor's note: CultureMap Tastemakers 2018 may be long gone, but Austin's appetite for all things food related is still raging. This week, we took sneak peeks at three of the city's hottest bar and restaurant properties, took you inside a beauty shop/champagne bar, and much more. Read on to find out what else Austinites were talking about this week.
1. Austin's massive new public marketplace reveals first round of restaurants. Billed as a Texas version of Pike's Place, the St. Elmo Marketplace promises to be a shining jewel in Austin's crown when it opens in 2019. If the first three concepts from Olamaie, Salt & Time, and Texas Hill Country Olive Company are any indication, it's going to be a real gem.
2. What you need to know about Tyson Cole and Aaron Franklin's new restaurant Loro — open now. Loro is arguably Austin's buzziest new restaurant. Here is everything you need to know from what to order (and where to order) plus a brief history of the famous restaurateurs behind the new eatery.
3. 5 hot new Austin restaurant openings to check out right now. Our recent exhaustive list of restaurant openings just wasn't enough. After that list was published, five new spots announced they were debuting, so we figured, "why not?" Just another week covering Austin's dining scene.
4. Here's an exclusive first taste of Austin's anticipated new restaurant that's all about beer. You know those clap emojis people use to emphasize their point? We'd use that here if we could. The Brewer's Table has been on local most anticipated lists for more than a year now ... and the wait is finally over. Cheers to that!
5. Austin sisters pop the cork on new beauty shop and champagne bar. This is one of those things we didn't know we really wanted until someone built it. Vegan-based, naturally sourced cosmetics and champagne all housed in a beautiful space? Time to ditch the mall makeup chains and elevate your beauty shop experience.