Austin's best vegetarian restaurants, new tiny home vacation spot, and more popular stories
Editor's note: Rain continued to fall this week, bringing flooding to some parts of the Capital City.With the forecast promising gray skies and more precipitation, take the time to cozy up this weekend ... with our top stories, of course.
1. Where to eat in Austin right now: 6 best new restaurants for healthy vegetarian fare.There are many reasons to adopt a vegetarian lifestyle, even if it's just for the occasional meal. These innovative Austin restaurants are crafting innovative, plant-forward fare to please even the most hardcore of carnivores.
2. Ramen Tatsu-Ya spills details behind mysterious new North Austin concept.Something new is plopping onto Burnet Road. The team behind Austin's cult favorite ramen shop announced the steamy details for its newest endeavor, DipDipDip Tatsu-Ya. True to form, the ambitious team will take on a whole new concept for DipDipDip, offering a hot pot-style menu also known as shabu-shabu.
3. New tiny cabin vacation homes root 3.5 hours from Austin for ultimate getaway.If you find the idea of tiny houses intriguing but are not ready to commit to actually living full-time in one, this new East Texas escape may be the perfect spot for your next vacation.
4. Here's how much apartment you can rent in Austin on the median income.It's impossible for a week to go by without another news story about Austin affordability, and this one is no different. A new study found there is a significant discrepancy between what the average Austinite should be able to afford based on income and what they can afford.
5. Hancock's favorite neighborhood restaurant debuts picture-perfect new location. Laguna Gloria's stunning renovation opens this weekend, and Epicerie's second location — a grab-and-go cafe — is among the highlights.