Links We Love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. This amazing, three-person jam session in front of a Dallas grocery store is everything. A street performer was playing outside of Kroger in Dallas when he started attracting a crowd. One thing led to another, and Jesse Rya's smooth guitar skills were soon joined by two other singers who seemingly wandered up on the scene by chance. The impromptu performance is making headlines the world over.
2. Michael Jackson makes beyond-the-grave appearance at Billboard Music Awards. Thanks to modern technology, a hologram of Michael Jackson took the stage on May 18 at the Billboard Music Awards. There's something ironic about Jackson's image being appropriated posthumously to sing the song "Slave to the Rhythm," but we can't deny it's entertaining.
3. Peter Dinklage sums up Game of Thrones in 45 seconds. It took George R.R. Martin literally thousands of pages to tell the story of Westeros. But in an interview with MTV, Peter Dinklage boils down the epic fantasy series to less than a minute. It's a valiant effort — and one that is guaranteed to lure even more viewers to the insanely popular HBO series.
4. Teen asks Joe Biden to prom, ends up with invitation to White House. Talia Maselli had eyes for just one man as her high school prom date: Vice President Joe Biden. Although the second-in-command couldn't make the dance, he did send along a handwritten note, a corsage and an invitation to visit him at the White House.
5. Young Rangers fan pulls off smoothest trick ever to impress an older woman. Austin Chaney was snagging foul balls left and right when the Texas Rangers took on the Toronto Blue Jays at Globelife Park in Arlington. At one point directly after he'd snagged a ball from the field, Austin appears to pull a switcheroo to impress the woman sitting behind him — and keep the game souvenir.