Iconic burger joint closure, Austin traffic woes, and more top stories
Editor's note: It's time to dive into the top stories from a very busy week. From Hut's Hamburger's bombshell closure to some not-so-surprising news about traffic, these are the stories that caught Austin's attention.
1. Iconic downtown burger joint closing after 80 years in Austin. It's the end of an era for Hut's Hamburgers, as the restaurant will close in October. But there's some good news: The Hut's name will live on at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, where a second location opened just this January.
2. Luck runs out for South Austin pub after less than a year in business. We hardly new ye. After less than a year in business, Irish pub Darcy's Donkey unexpectedly closed. A Facebook post from the restaurant cited "persistently underperforming sales" and high costs of staying open.
3. Austin stuck on new list of world's most traffic-congested cities. This isn't a surprise to most drivers, but it's reassuring to know you're not alone in the fiasco that is Austin traffic. The Capital City has some of the worst traffic times in not just the country, but the world.
4. 6 newly opened Austin restaurants that you haven't heard of yet. These new restaurants may have opened quietly, but they deserve lots of attention.
5. These are the 3 best high schools in Austin, according to U.S. News & World Report.A tip of the cap to the Austin high school that is at the top of the class locally and nationwide. LASA, as it’s commonly known, places first in the metro area and ranks an impressive No. 28 in the U.S.