Editor's note: The summer solstice has passed, the season is in full swing, and we're dreaming of beach vacations, engrossing books, and as many swimming holes as possible. Before you begin your first weekend of summer, take a look at our most popular stories over the past seven days.
1. Developers of the Domain unveil plans for Statesman's coveted South Austin property. For years, Austinites have wondered what would happen to the Austin-American Statesman's prime South Congress waterfront property. Now, we may have our answer. The developers of the Domain are proposing a ... wait for it ... wait for it ... mixed-use development. Noticeably absent from the plans? What's next for the newspaper.
2. Texas-based Whataburger sells to new owner amid expansion plans. What-a-story. Texas' most beloved fast-food chain is no longer based in Texas. Whataburger announced last week it is selling its majority share to a Chicago-based company.
3. Check out Airbnb's first-ever hotel concept, breaking ground soon on Rainey Street. Airbnb is kind of, sort of getting into the hotel business. The rental site is partnering with another firm to create a 249-room, skyscraper-ish hotel on Rainey.
4. Beyond Schlitterbahn: The best places to visit, eat, and stay in New Braunfels. Who knew everyone wanted to go to New Braunfels? This handy dandy guide proves there is much more to the South Texas city then Schlitterbahn.
5. Austin economy declared more 'dynamic' than San Francisco and Seattle in new report. Austin is growing, but we're still small enough to enjoy being better than San Francisco at something.