Links We Love
Harry Potter trivia, silly Longhorn fan gear and more links we love right now
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Time looks at all of the Harry Potter trivia that J.K. Rowling has unleashed upon us in 2014. One (meaning me) can only hope that this is Rowling's getting prepped to start the prequels, of which there should be at least three and, ideally, three thousand.
2. New Year's Day is made for college football bowls (and the playoffs this year), but Phactual notes 20 other things that have happened on January 1 throughout history. Oh, Y2K, you were such a silly time.
3. Here are Entertainment Weekly's 25 most memorable pop culture moments of 2014. There are spoilers in here, if you're the type who does more productive things with his time. But you should stop that. It won't make you as happy as watching True Detective.
4. It's been 25 years since Goodfellas came out, and Cinefix has seven things you probably don't know about the flick. Is it the greatest movie of all time? Maybe, maybe not. But if you think that it's not, then you better go home and get your shine box.
5. A UT fan was photographed with his "Core Values" jersey and mock turtleneck tucked into his dad pants. Monday night was a rough one for the Longhorns, as they got stomped by Arkansas in the Texas Bowl. While I haven't stopped drinking, this guy hasn't stopped tucking.