Largest cavern in Texas excavates new tour for explorers near Austin, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From large caves to legendary Longhorns and more, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Largest cavern in Texas excavates new tour for explorers near Austin. Natural Bridge Caverns’ newest tour, Hidden Wonders, allows access to an area previously accessible only by cavers.
2. Legendary Texas Longhorn and former NBA player Lance Blanks passes away. A memorial for Blanks will be held on Saturday, May 13, at the Bob Bullock State History Museum in Austin.
3. Dallas-based luxury retailer opens expansive new storefront in West Austin. A family-owned lifestyle retailer is bringing its designer apparel and modern sporting goods to the West Woods Shopping Center in Westlake.
4. Austin is one of the worst U.S. cities for women to work in if they want to make as much as a man. The analysis found that Texas has the 29th largest pay gap out of all 50 states, with women making nearly $11,000 less than men. Yikes.
5. New poll reveals shocking results on how outsiders view Texas. The recent findings are a noteworthy increase from a previous year's poll.