Austin's first Skims store leads this week's 5 most-read headlines
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From global fame to local greatness, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Famous Kardashian shapewear brand sneaks into first Austin storefront. Kim Kardashian's Skims line is now available to shop in-person at a newly opened "work shop" at Austin's Domain Northside.
2. John Lennon's former lover showcases rare Lost Weekend photos in Austin exhibit and sale. From December 1-3, Ao5 Gallery will unveil a collection of May Pang's candid snapshots of the music legend during their 18-month relationship.
3. Fairytale castle 2 hours from Austin is back on the market for $5.5 million. The castle and event venue, which overlooks Lake Whitney, features 10 bedrooms and 15 bathrooms across 11,500 square feet.
4. Texas bootmaker Lucchese kicks up ultra-exclusive, $16K anniversary boots. The limited-edition Bluebonnet Boots pay homage to Lucchese's history and the iconic symbols of the Lone Star State on hand-tooled leather.
5. Artsy magazine keeps Austin fed with fall concerts and restaurant friends. By selling a quarterly magazine and tying it to community partnerships, Free Lunch is able to reduce local food insecurity.