Swiss running store stamps out the last bit of Austin soul left on South Congress, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From South Congress changes to Barbie parties and Nextdoor complaints, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Swiss running store reportedly set to stamp out last shreds of Austin soul on South Congress. Big brands continue to set their sights on South Congress, making it almost impossible for small businesses to survive the skyrocketing rents.
2. Live in your Barbie world with these 10+ themed Austin parties, treats, and more. Barbenheimer weekend has finally arrived, and Austin has plenty of themed parties and culinary offerings to help you think pink.
3. Austin unlocks top 10 ranking among U.S. cities with most million-dollar homes. According to a new study, 24.7 percent of all real estate listings in Austin are homes worth over $1 million.
4. This is what Austinites are complaining about the most on Nextdoor. You can always count on noisy pets and speeding cars to keep the neighborhood conversation lively.
5. Here are the top 7 things to do in Austin this weekend. Head out to the Hill Country to celebrate bees, enjoy a summer movie night, or snag some last-minute tickets to a concert this weekend.