Tote this: Donna Karan and Bag Snob play nice with 5-piece handbag collection
My theory has always been if someone badmouths you, approach them nicely and see if you can work things out. It usually turns out well at CultureMap when we deal with disgruntled readers that way; the same philosophy patched things up between Donna Karan's DKNY PR Girl and a Bag Snob blogger.
Two years ago, the Bag Snob, a popular website created by two Dallas women, published a snarky post about a DKNY handbag. Rather than retaliate or—even worse—ignore the source, the DKNY PR Girl defused the situation with humor, asking, "Haven’t you ever taken a picture of yourself that just doesn’t do you justice?”
A great friendship—and collaboration—was born.
The Bag Snob and DKNY have now teamed up to create a limited edition collection of five easy pieces. Billed as the essentials "every woman needs to complete her bag wardrobe," the collection includes:
- The "Tote," resembling a classic square Pan Am bag style popularized in the 1960s, is made of leather with a pop of color ($495),
- The "Travel," which looks like a two-tone bowling bag, is divided into two sections, with FAA-approved sized toiletry bottles on one side and a vanity stand with mirror on the other ($565),
- The "Clutch" with reversible sequin trim that goes from dark blue to silver ($265),
- The "Treasure" handbag with contrasting crocodile detail ($365),
- The animal print "Trendy" bag comes with a leather strap that turns into a waist belt ($325)
"With these five bags, the DKNY girl will be prepared to go anywhere and do anything, all the while looking fabulous," Bag Snob founder Tina Craig said in a statement. The bags are available on the DKNY website and Net-A-Porter.