Top 5 stories this week: SXSW expands, Formula 1 parties and new restaurants hitthe scene
Happy Halloween Weekend, Austin! Before you get decked out in your best costume — or bundled up in your warmest winter wardrobe — take a minute to revisit the week's biggest reads.
This week's top five most-read stories are all about changes on the Austin scene — from Formula 1's big Austin debut (only three weeks away!), to SXSW's new venture in Las Vegas (coming Summer 2013).
- Circuit of the Americas is joining forces with Fan Fest Austin to dominate the downtown footprint with one giant, three-day F1 party featuring top-notch entertainment from across the globe.
- On Tuesday, SXSW announced that it's rolling the dice and expanding to Las Vegas in August 2013 with SXSW V2V.
- The Austin food scene is in for a treat with five new openings this fall, including highly-anticipated spots Sway, Mettle and Restaurant Jezebel.
- Still looking for Halloween attire? Check out the most absurd, sexy costumes for women.
- Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter made a splash in Austin for the premiere of indie film Ex-Girlfriendsduring Austin Film Festival.
Stay warm, Austin. We'll see you next week!