SXSW in style
Are your out-of-town friends hunting for a place to stay during SXSW? If any old hotel room or rental property won’t do, then they might want to check out what’s billed as the most expensive U.S. rental listing on Airbnb.
For a mere $10,075 a night, your well-to-do pals can make a Clarksville villa their base camp during SXSW. The villa — made up of two houses and one guesthouse — can accommodate nearly 20 people in eight bedrooms with 10 beds. And considering the villa features six bathrooms, there probably won’t be anyone standing in line to take a shower.
Among the amenities are a backyard pool, large patio, and a sleek kitchen. The modern yet cozy décor features gray, white, and brown tones throughout.
“This special yet rare combination has everything you’ll need and much more!” the Airbnb listing exclaims.
As you might expect with a luxury property like this, there are some house rules:
- No bachelor parties. (Bachelorette parties appear to be okay.)
- No smoking. If evidence of smoking is found, there’s a $500 fine.
- No parties without written approval.
- No refunds for canceled SXSW bookings.
If you don’t find the Clarksville villa to your liking, we’ve turned up some other high-end SXSW rental options on Airbnb:
- A two-home villa in the Zilker neighborhood that goes for $10,000 a night. It features nine bedrooms, nine beds, and 6.5 baths. It’s available only during SXSW. No pets, no smoking, and no parties or events.
- At $5,000 a night, this five-bedroom, 4.5-bathroom home in Westlake is a steal by comparison. No pets, no smoking, and no parties or events.
- If you don’t need a house, what about a two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment on South Congress Avenue for $5,000 a night? No pets, no smoking, no illegal activities, and no loud noise after 11 pm.
- So, if $5,000 a night is too much of a strain on your bank account, then you might want to take a look at this six-bedroom, seven-bathroom estate on Lake Austin. It rents for $3,000 a night. No smoking, no pets, and no parties or events.