H-E-B has added two more local restaurants — Picnik and Tatsu-Ya — to its menu of to-go meals sold at grocery stores in the Austin area during the coronavirus pandemic.
Picnik and the Ramen Tatsu-Ya empire have shut down all dine-in operations during the coronavirus pandemic but remain open to fulfill to-go or delivery orders. Now, some of their menu items are available at select H-E-B stores in the Austin area.
Previously, Fresa’s was the only Austin-based restaurant participating in the H-E-B program. The pilot is also running in San Antonio and Houston.
Picnik offers four to-go items at H-E-B:
- Creamy cashew queso made with creamy cashew, red bell pepper, and poblano and jalapeño peppers.
- Crispy chicken tenders rolled in a rice-flour tempura and accompanied by honey mustard aioli and roasted potatoes.
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with crispy bacon, raw parmesan, and maple vinaigrette.
- Harvest hash with roasted sweet potato, spinach, Brussels sprouts, grass-fed beef breakfast sausage, currant, onion, apple, sage, toasted pecan, chili flakes, maple vinaigrette, and scrambled eggs.
Picnik’s prepared food is available at these H-E-B stores:
- 701 N. Capital of Texas Hwy. in West Lake Hills
- 2400 S. Congress Ave. in South Austin
- 600 W. William Cannon Dr. in Southwest Austin
Tatsu-Ya’s offerings at H-E-B include classic karaage chicken from Kemuri Tatsu-Ya, Japanese beef curry from Domo Alley-Gato, and newly created Shake & Slurp cups from Ramen Tatsu-Ya. Shake & Slurp cups contain brothless ramen meant to be “sauced and shaken.” Variations of the cups include vegan mazeman and spicy chilled ramen.
Tatsu-Ya’s prepared meals are available at these H-E-B stores:
- 1000 E. 41st St. in North Austin
- 500 W. Canyon Ridge Dr. in Northeast Austin
- 10710 Research Blvd. in Northwest Austin
- 2701 E. Seventh St. in East Austin
- 1801 E. 51st St. in the Mueller development
- 14028 N. U.S. Highway 183 in Far Northwest Austin
- 6001 W. Parmer Ln. in Northwest Austin
- 2501 E. Riverside Dr. in Southeast Austin
All proceeds from the sale of these meals will be handed over to the restaurants, H-E-B said April 3.