10 reasons to get tickets for the 5th annual CultureMap Tastemaker Awards
The date is drawing near for our fifth annual Tastemaker Awards, so we had to share the delicious news of all the restaurants signed up to dish out their best bites. On Tuesday, May 17 at Bullock Texas State History Museum, you can sample bites from 10 establishments, every one a Tastemaker Award nominee, from Austin and San Antonio.
Hopefully you have been following along with our editorial special series in which we are introducing all of the worthy finalists. We will unveil the winners in an awards ceremony emceed by celebrity chef Tim Love.
Now onto the delicious news. Here is the full list of participating restaurants, including the category — or categories, in some cases — for which they are nominated:
- Brigid, nominated for Best New Restaurant (San Antonio)
- Central Standard, nominated for Rising Star Chef of the Year and Best New Restaurant
- Geraldine's, nominated for Bartender of the Year and Best New Restaurant
- Janina O'Leary, nominated for Pastry Chef of the Year
- Oasthouse Kitchen + Bar, nominated for Best New Restaurant
- Ophelia, nominated for Best New Restaurant
- Rebel Pizza Bar, nominated for Best New Restaurant
- Shuck Shack, nominated for Chef of the Year and Best New Restaurant (San Antonio)
- Spun Ice Cream, nominated for Best New Restaurant
- Wu Chow, nominated for Restaurant of the Year and Rising Star Chef of the Year
In addition to dishes from all of the above, expect spirits from Tequila Herradura; beer from Alaskan Brewing Co. and Adelbert's Brewery; and wine from Chloe Wine Collection, Benziger Family Winery, and Love Noir.
Tickets are $40-$75. Get ’em while you can.