Residents of Crestview, Rosedale and Allandale continue their winning streak this week as more North Austin restaurant news unfolds.
On Thursday afternoon, Austin 360 reported that Bryce Gilmore has signed a lease and will open a third restaurant on Burnet Road in 2015. There's not much detail yet, but the expansion will take the popular chef (owner of South Lamar's Barley Swine and Odd Duck) north of Lady Bird Lake for the first time.
Gilmore will join the long-awaited brick-and-mortar of The Peached Tortilla, which had its own news to share this week. Owner Eric Silverstein tells CultureMap that construction is nearly finished on the restaurant, and that they're hoping to have their coveted CO (certificate of occupancy) by the end of October. He currently anticipates an opening sometime between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, once "about a month of training" is complete.
In addition to lauded cuisine, Silverstein notes that the restaurant will have a strong drinks program. "I recently hired a bar manager, and we're building a pretty sophisticated cocktail program with a focus on whiskies."
Another new Burnet Road eatery is also closer to fruition. John Jurey, co-owner of 416 Bar & Grille, reports that build-out is "about halfway done" on the space at 5011 Burnet Rd. The restaurant hopes to see a certificate of occupancy sometime in mid-November and open during the month of December, though Jurey cautions that those dates are predictions only.
These announcement come amid a flurry of activity in the corridor. Here's a summary of recent developments:
- Fork & Taco: Upscale taco spot from an Uchi alum opened in mid-September. (4801 Burnet Rd.)
- Noble Sandwich Co.: The old and established entrant of the bunch, Noble has found a loyal following for the second location, which opened in April of this year. (4805 Burnet Rd.)
- 416 Bar & Grille: In build out phase; hopes to open in December. (5011 Burnet Rd.)
- Kellie's Baking Co.: The cake and cookie bakery opened in early September. (5245 Burnet Rd.)
- Little Woodrow's: The newest location of the popular pub opened in early October. (5425 Burnet Rd.)
- The Peached Tortilla: Brick-and-mortar version of popular food truck coming in late 2014. (5520 Burnet Rd.)
- Taco Flats: A re-imagined version of the legendary '70s dive opened in mid-October. (5520 Burnet Rd.)
- Twisted Root Burger: Under construction; completion and opening date TBD. (7211 Burnet Rd.)
- Tacodeli: Latest location of popular local breakfast and lunch chain opened in September. (7301 Burnet Rd.)
- P. Terry's: P. Terry's marches on despite In-N-Out's incursion; the local chain's ninth location opened on Burnet in July. (8515 Burnet Rd.)
- Bryce Gilmore restaurant: Concept and address forthcoming; to open in 2015.