Toy Joy and Yummi Joy relocate to bigger play space on Burnet Road, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From Austin real estate, to the reasons people want to live here in the first place, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Toy Joy and Yummi Joy relocate to bigger play space on Burnet Road. The cult-favorite toy store is getting a much larger space in North Austin. That means more room for events, and the candy store is going, too.
2. Tenacious D will play the best song in the world in Austin this fall. Jack Black and Kyle Glass will grace Austin with their rock godly presence this September at Germania Insurance Amphitheater.
3. Austin earned top 10 rank for highest number of build-to-rent homes last year. This makes sense for a city with as many transplants and students as Austin has. A total of 324 build-to-rent homes were completed here in 2022.
4. Austin nests top 10 spot in new rank of best U.S. cities for birdwatching. There's always something new and shiny to spend money on in Austin. Why not appreciate our bird life for free?
5. Georgetown breaks ground on phase 3 of San Gabriel Park improvements. Better roadways, parking, a multi-use performance pavilion, and more are planned. It should be finished by spring 2024.