Dancing for a Cause
At a private VIP launch event on Wednesday evening, local celebrity participants for Austin's very own Dancing with the Stars charity gala were revealed. This year, 11 famous Austinites — ranging from a renowned interior designer to the CEO of a top tech company — will dance their hearts out in support of the Center for Child Protection.
- Nate Paul: Founder, president and chief executive officer of World Class Capital Group
- Adam Zeplain: Senior director at ChatID, advisor, investor
- Grant Foster: Founder of Foster Financial Group
- Gene Austin: CEO of Bazaarvoice and lover of all things Austin
- David Dunham: Texas Monthly executive and community volunteer
- Cassie LaMere: Event marketing director for Lexus of Austin and charity advocate
- Donna Stockton-Hicks: Interior designer and co-owner of Stockton Hicks Laffey
- Katrine Formby: Telluride developer, director of Mozart's Christmas Light Show
- Francie Little: Real estate broker and community advocate
- Sarah Meredith: Vice president at 1800Oncologist.com and Austin philanthropist
- Shelby Marquardt: Anesthesiologist and founder of Blue Sky Scrubs
After months of practice with professional ballroom dancers, the local celebrities will hit the stage at the Hilton Austin on December 7. Guests will enjoy live dance performances during the glitzy event, which also includes a cocktail reception, dinner and a (very lively) live auction.
One competitor will be crowned the winner during the event, but the real star of the evening will be the funds raised for a local nonprofit. Last year, the glamorous gala raised more than $1 million for the Center for Child Protection.
For more details on how you can be part of the star-studded affair, presented by Lexus of Austin, visit the Center for Child Protection website.