This week's featured pet comes along with a special announcement. Saturday, June 22 has been declared Love Your Rescue Pet Day by the city council. Austin Pets Alive! will host a ton of events at the shelter, including a demonstration from the Austin Police Department's K9 unit, dog behavior demonstration, and dozens of local rescue organizations showcasing their pure or mixed-breed pets in need of homes.
Buffy, the special foster cat featured this week, is in need of a forever home that can handle a sweet and spicy cat with her own personality.
Breed: Domestic Short Hair
Adoption donation: None
- Buffy is sweet and easy to care for. Shy, spicy and sweet, Buffy is her own cat. She’s large and she knows it. She’s sweet when she wants to be. And when she wants her alone time, you won’t see her.
- Buffy gets along with kids but not other animals so she would do well as an only cat in a patient and nurturing home.
- She was brought to APA! upset with people and a bit timid, but her heart has warmed up in the most beautiful ways.
Why APA! says Buffy deserves your love:
- Buffy has tested positive for Feline Leukemia, FeLV, which means she has a compromised immune system. She needs to be the only cat in her future home, and will receive medical attention from APA!.
- Buffy has been in foster homes since arriving at APA!, but has warmed up to human touch.