Editor's note: So here we are, just a typical Austin weekend in March, and you have nothing big planned, right? Well before you kick back and relax, take a look at the top stories of the week.
1. Austin Under 40 unveils the 2018 nominees for prestigious awards. Austin Under 40 honors some of the city's brightest young talents in industries ranging from tech to architecture to civic engagement. Take a look at this year's nominations before the big gala on May 19.
2. Oldest town in Texas beckons for an off-the-beaten-path weekend getaway. We can't wait for our next getaway. First stop on our list? This sweet East Texas town. Not only is Nacogdoches the oldest town in the state, it's chock full of good eats, good antique shops, and plenty of small town charm.
3. Take an exclusive sneak peek at Fairmont Austin's snazzy new food hall — open now. The Fairmont Austin opened this week with downtown's newest food hall (complete with multiple concepts) and one uber swanky pool.
4. The best free parties for SXSW 2018, plus how to actually get in. Our annual roundup of the best free parties for SXSW. As the saying goes, if you're paying for SXSW, you're doing it wrong. (That's actually not a saying, but it should be.)
5. These 6 Austin hotels are among the most lucrative in Texas. When it comes to makin' money, these Austin spots are raking in the big bucks.