Legendary tenor Andrea Bocelli will be returning to the United States in December for eight special concert dates in select cities, including Austin.
The tour starts at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on December 3. In Austin, he'll perform at Frank Erwin Center on December 8, followed by stops in Dallas and Houston. Other cities include Anaheim, California; New York; Newark, New Jersey; and Boston.
The unique performances will feature a new repertoire from Bocelli's latest album, Cinema, along with Bocelli's trademark arias, love songs, and crossover hits. Cinema was released in fall 2015. Featuring duets with superstars Ariana Grande and Nicole Scherzinger, it highlights a collection of theme songs from films such as Doctor Zhivago, Love Story, The Godfather, Life is Beautiful, and Gladiator.
Bocelli burst onto the world's stage with his hit "Con te Partiro," which was later rearranged as a duet with Sarah Brightman and reissued with the title "Time To Say Goodbye." He's sold 80 million records.
Bocelli has not played Austin in nearly five years. Tickets go on sale Monday, May 16, at 10 am at TexasBoxOffice.com. Pre-sale for the Austin date begins Monday, May 9, at 10 am. The pre-sale tickets will be available via Citi Private Pass.
His December 2016 North American tour dates are as follows:
- December 3: MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas
- December 4: Honda Center, Anaheim, California
- December 8: Frank Erwin Center, Austin
- December 10: American Airlines Center, Dallas
- December 11: Toyota Center, Houston
- December 15: Madison Square Garden, New York
- December 17: TD Garden, Boston
- December 18: Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey