Editor's note: What a difference a week makes. Last Friday we were melting through the first weekend of ACL Fest but this week we have pants on, windows open, and are enjoying the bliss of fall. If you're heading to the festival, take a peek at our full coverage here and make sure to check out our top stories before hitting the park.
1. 4 tiny home neighborhoods in Austin that unlock affordable living. Tiny houses are having big moment. Here in the Austin area, these four neighborhoods offer small dwellings along with some pretty spectacular amenities.
2. The horrifying history of Austin's infamous Servant Girl Annihilator. In this month's History of Austin column we covered ... murder. Particularly the infamous Servant Girl Murders, a series of horrifying events that terrorized the Capital City in the late 19th century.
3. Vincent van Gogh's rare art comes to Texas in this blockbuster exhibition. Texas will welcome Vincent van Gogh's work for a very special exhibition in early 2019. On loan from two European museums, many of these pieces have never been seen in the U.S.
4. Developer increases multimillion-dollar offer for Sam's Bar-B-Cue property in East Austin. A dramatic summer is apparently giving way to a dramatic fall for local barbecue institution Sam's Bar-B-Cue. Pitmaster and owner Brian Mays says yet another developer has made a multimillion-dollar offer for Sam's primo location.
5. Where to eat in Austin right now: 3 trendy new restaurants to try this fall. Austin has welcomed a bevy of new restaurants over the past few months, ranging from the glamorous to the gimmicky. These three spots are on trend, but still delightfully delicious.