A surprise downpour didn’t dampen the spirits of the well-heeled Austinites gathered at the stunning home of Andra and Joe Liemandt for “A Night With the Stars,” a posh prequel to the Dancing with the Stars charity gala benefiting the Center for Child Protection.
With sparkles, wine or Deep Eddy vodka cocktails in hand, the crowd chatted eagerly about the upcoming event, inspired by the famous reality TV show. Austin notables are paired with professional dancers for ballroom dance performances during an evening of unforgettable entertainment. It’s hardly your typical stuffy fundraiser.
Event co-chairs Carol Adams and Alex Winkelman welcomed supporters — including Center for Child Protection executive director Michael Torres, Wendy Harvey, — who nibbled on tasty bites courtesy of Word of Mouth Catering while awaiting the big reveal: this year’s local celebrity dancers, who will be coached by emcee and dance director Sabrina Barker Truscott:
- Jerry Albright , Founder Deputy CIO at Teacher Retirement System of Texas
- Abby Argo, Color Guard Captain and Community Volunteer
- Jamie Barshop, Community Advocate and Charity Fundraiser
- Becky Beaver, Attorney at Law
- Cyndi Bock, Board Member, Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Kevin Burns, Ambassador of the Urban Lifestyle
- Doug Guller, CEO, ATX Brands LLC
- Will Hardeman, Partner, Continental Automotive Group
- Katie Jaffe, Mother, Designer and Humanitarian
- Jeff Jumonville, Business Development, Dragon Products
- Mary Herr Tally, Retired Arts Fundraiser, Child and Animal Rights Advocate
Funds raised during Dancing with the Stars Austin help the Center for Child Protection in its mission to provide aid to abused children and their families in Travis County. Tickets for the December 8 gala at the Hilton hotel downtown, which is presented by Lexus of Austin, can be purchased online.