Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From Texas being more popular than we thought, to Austin getting a lot less popular, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. New poll reveals shocking results on how outsiders view Texas. We may be able to lay down the "don't mess with Texas" attitude when it comes to outside opinions of the state — we're actually pretty well-liked.
2. The Austin housing market is outperforming national trends, latest report shows. Even though home sales are falling everywhere, they're falling less dramatically in Central Texas. It looks like the Austin market is stabilizing.
3. Austin plummets on list of best places to live in new national report. Austinites can't seem to tell if this is good news (less hype) or bad news (we already live here). We're not even close to the top 10 anymore.
4. Rock legend Stevie Nicks extends tour with new Austin date. One of rock's most iconic and stylish performers is coming to Austin's Moody Center for a solo show this August. At 74, she still has a strong hold on fans' imaginations.
5. Here are the top 7 things to do in Austin this weekend. Austinites are always adding things to their busy schedules — this week it was a comedy show with Steve Martin and Martin Short, a big same-name meetup, a benefit show with local stars, and more.