Links We Love
Mark Zuckerberg donates $25 million to fight Ebola and more links we love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. Mark Zuckerberg donates $25 million to CDC to fight Ebola. The Facebook billionaire and his wife, Priscilla, announced the move on October 14 — two days after a Dallas nurse was the first person to contract the disease on U.S. soil.
2. 12-year-old girl's letter to Dick's Sporting Goods is slam dunk. McKenna Peterson was none too pleased to discover a dearth of female athletes in Dick's 2014 basketball catalog. McKenna's sportswriter father tweeted out the letter, and Dick's CEO publicly apologized.
3. Dallas Maverick Chandler Parsons is king of the Internet. Last week, we featured Parsons' dig at Houston. But this week, he's upped the viral ante, calling out Coach Rick Carlisle on Instagram and appearing in a Jimmy Kimmel spot promoting a new Nicholas Sparks book.
4. This kid dancing on live TV is living the secret dreams of your inner diva. A local Las Vegas news station scanned the crowd downtown and caught a glimpse of a star in the making. More than 2 million people and counting have already watched the young, serious-faced dancer bust a move.
5. John Oliver goes off on pumpkin spice lattes. The host of Last Week Tonight is not a fan of the fall staple beverage, and his disdain for all things pumpkin is pretty entertaining.