Links We Love
Why hugging should be stopped, Ghostbusters 3 rumors and more links we love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. A very detailed case against hugging. This Washington Post writer makes a very serious — but amusing — case against random acts of hugging. Mostly, she says, we should stop to avoid germs and awkward situations.
2. Lil Jon drops a Rock The Vote video. A clever twist on "Turn Down For What," the "Turn Out For What" video includes cameos from Lena Dunham, Fred Armisen, Darren Criss and Whoopi Goldberg. If watching the video is any indication of voting habits, then more than 4.2 million people are pumped to head to the polls.
3. Austin 360 Amphitheater at Circuit of the Americas voted one of best music venues. USA Today tallies up the "best places to catch a concert" and includes this Austin newbie on the list. Nestled among Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado and Berkley's The Greek Theater, the Austin 360 Amphitheater is in good company.
4. Ghostbusters 3 to star all-female cast. Speaking of girl power, director Paul Feig announced he would cast "hilarious women" in the lead roles of the third installment of the Ghostbusters franchise. Rumor has it Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig and Linda Cardellini are on the short list.
5. A South Dakota U.S. Senate candidate is making music videos. And they're amazing. If Rick Weiland's Senate campaign doesn't work out, he could have a pretty solid career with a tribute band for Johnny Cash.