ZACH Theatre presents The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity
The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity is a dramatic comedy following the life of wrestler Macedonio Guerra. As a lifelong fan, he has followed wrestling only to become a “jobber,” one who is paid to lose to bigger-name stars in the ring. Macedonio meets Vigneshwar Paduar, a young Indian man from Brooklyn, who he wants to team up with. The wrestling execs go for it but pitch them as “terrorists” in the ring. Macedonio and Vigneshwar find a way to push the personas to the limits and say what needs to be said. Unspoken racism, politics, and courage are all woven into this play that leaves it all on the mat.
CultureMap Emails Are Awesome Get Austin intel delivered daily.
We will not share or sell your email address.
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are the top five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Austin rolls out the welcome mat as America's nicest city in new ranking. This might explain why so many people are moving here.
2. 3 Austin companies make Forbes list of best employers in Texas. Surprise, surprise: They're all tech companies.
3. Downtown hot spot ATX Cocina debuts sister restaurant in Austin's Arboretum. The menu revolves around "masa, meat, and margs."
4. Here are the top 5 things to do in Austin this weekend. Austin's Moody Center becomes Harry's House starting this weekend.
5. American Airlines unveils loaded new suite seats for long-haul flights out of Austin. A new kind of seat is en route on AA.