Bunch of Austin bar and restaurant openings heat up this week's top stories
Editor's note: A bunch of bar and restaurant openings lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Unbelievable new Austin bar set to open in hot downtown district. Unbarlievable will open at 76 Rainey St. in February. Calling itself "the greatest drinkery on earth," Unbarlievable aims to stand out among Austin's crowded bar scene.
2. Wildly popular Austin restaurant group unveils cool new concept. A taste of the coast is coming to Central Austin with the arrival of Guild. The third restaurant concept from Chameleon Group, the hospitality firm behind wildly popular Swift's Attic and Wu Chow, promises fresh seafood and seasonal ingredients when it opens this summer.
3. Exclusive first look at new bar's takeover of iconic Austin space. We have your first look at The Local Post, the new restaurant and bar that opened January 18 in the former Dallas Nightclub space on Burnet Road.
4. New nonstop flight connects Austin to top West Coast destination. Austin has seen a nonstop stream of nonstop flights as of late. On the heels of Southwest Airlines and Allegiant Air's new flights, Delta Air Lines has announced daily, nonstop routes from Austin to Seattle.
5. This is how much of your salary is required for a down payment in Austin. Austin residents looking to buy a home must save more than three-quarters (or 82 percent) of their annual salary just for the down payment. That number comes from a new Zillow report, and it puts Austin above the national average.