In Case You Missed It
TOMS comes to SoCo, Waylon Jennings joins hall of fame and more of the week's biggest news
This week's biggest stories dappled in entertainment, but the real focus was on Austin's economy. We announced that South Congress will be the newest outpost for a major U.S. retailer, discussed a shift in Austin's technology powerhouse, and named the elite members of Austin's booming real estate industry.
Here's a look back at the stories that got you clicking.
1. Waylon Jennings and Buck Owens will join the Texas Songwriters' Hall of Fame this summer. Jessi Colter and Kris Kristofferson, among others, will perform in their honor.
2. GQ and Conde Nast Travellerchimed in on Austin culture with guides exposing the spots where the cool kids hang.
3. Another national score: TOMS will open its second U.S. retail store on South Congress during SXSW.
4. Could Apple topple Dell as Austin's largest employer? John Egan explores.
5. Austin's top-producing luxury realtors were revealed at a special event on Wednesday.