Hunting for a job in Texas? Fortune’s 2020 list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, published February 18, features eight Texas organizations you might consider.
Ranking first among Texas employers — and 15th nationwide — is Arlington-based Texas Health Resources. Last year, the organization ranked ninth nationwide. It is the highest-ranked health system on the list.
“Focused on ‘individuals caring for individuals, together,’ this nonprofit network of hospitals and health facilities … developed a tool for nurses on rounds to track everything from patients’ food preferences to favorite conversation topics,” Fortune says of Texas Health Resources.
“It has also trained 70 employee volunteers in mediation and conflict resolution to serve as Promise Coaches throughout the organization,” the magazine adds. “The setup, says one employee, is ‘the backbone of our culture,’ while another says it’s an example of how Texas Health’s ‘teamwork and collaboration are phenomenal.’”
Seven other Texas-based employers appear on this year’s list:
18. Houston-based apartment owner and operator Camden Property Trust. Last year’s rank: 19.
23. Houston-based homebuilder David Weekley Homes. Last year’s rank: 41.
55. San Antonio-based financial services provider USAA. Last year’s rank: 30.
66. Dallas-based Ryan LLC, a provider of tax software and services. Last year’s rank: 52.
70. Houston-based oil and gas production company Hilcorp Energy Co. Last year’s rank: Unranked.
86. San Antonio-based oil pipeline and terminal operator NuStar Energy LP. Last year’s rank: Unranked.
88. Dallas-based Encompass Health Home Health & Hospice, part of Birmingham, Alabama-based Encompass Health Corp. Last year’s rank: 54.
Fortune bases its annual list of the best workplaces on a nationwide study done by analytics firm Great Place to Work. This time around, the study featured input from more than 4.1 million U.S. workers who responded to over 60 survey questions.
Nationwide, McLean, Virginia-based Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. ranks first on this year’s Fortune list, followed by Weston, Florida-based Ultimate Software Group Inc.; Rochester, New York-based Wegmans Food Markets Inc.; San Jose, California-based Cisco Systems Inc.; and Pleasanton, California-based Workday Inc.