Austin News Feed
Editor's note: Over the course of a week, we come across dozens of newsy tidbits and interesting links that we want to share with you. For this weekly roundup, we gathered all the news we found controversial, crunchy and hashtag-worthy.
1. A rundown of the recent #BeSomebody controversy. After a speech from the #BeSomebody founder at Austin High School sparked an impassioned and embroiled online debate, KUT created a timeline of events, accusations and reconciliations.
2. P. Terry's got on Reddit to respond to one dissatisfied customer. When one Redditor posted about the low quality of a burger and alleged that the local burger chain might have sold out, P. Terry's responded saying, "Nothing is ever frozen, ever ... okay, except the shakes." Customer service FTW!
3. An Austin man made sure that #TheDress will always be a thing. Austinite Daniel Howland had some extra space on his already colorful leg so he thought, "Why not get a tattoo of the Internet sensation that's polarizing the nation?"
4. The CEO of Snapchat gave some advice to University of Texas at Austin students. And no, it wasn't, "Don't send nudes."
5. Can you guess Wes Anderson's two favorite colors? This cute video explores the heavy use of red and yellow in the former Longhorn's films.
6. McDonald's responds to indie band with obnoxious hashtag. Perhaps the social media director of a multi-billion dollar corporation should take a lesson in proper hashtag etiquette. After indie band Ex Cops posted a letter chastising McDonald's for not paying the bands playing the company's SXSW showcase, McDonald's responded with a sarcastic note.