Austin Motel's far-out new look tops this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Motel renovations and restaurant expansions lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Iconic Austin Motel reopens on South Congress with far-out upgrades. The iconic Austin Motel debuted a new-and-improved look during SXSW 2017, under the guidance of celebrated Austin hotel group Bunkhouse.
2. Popular Austin beer garden reveals massive downtown expansion plans. One of Austin's favorite beer gardens is tapping into the serious growth on Rainey Street. Banger's Sausage House & Beer Garden broke ground on a massive project that will add 15,000 square feet of dining, lounge, and event space to the popular destination.
3. Out-of-state tech workers are invading Austin like crazy. No wonder so many people are moving to Austin. Online job marketplace Hired says that in 2016 more than 60 percent of tech job offers from Austin employers went to candidates who live outside Texas.
4. How much Austin parents save by living in the suburbs. You already know it's wise to scout outside the metro borders of Austin if you're looking to stretch your housing dollar, but where should you settle if you have a family? Is living in the suburbs really the better plan?
5. Hot Austin housing market could be cooling down, says new report. Following a scorching start to the new year, the Austin housing market is beginning to cool down. The latest report from the Austin Board of Realtors shows that single-family home sales growth slowed in February.