Unbelievable Austin home, crazy rent hikes, and more of the week's top stories
Editor's note: A crazy rent hike and stunning home design lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Austin, brace yourselves for one of the highest rent hikes in the U.S. Hopefully you've invested in residential real estate property in Austin, because 2016 is promising some big numbers. However, if you’re not a homeowner who rents out a property, well, the forecast doesn't look too hot for you.
2. This hidden retreat is quite possibly the coolest house in Austin. Almost completely hidden from view sits a one-of-a-kind property in Austin that has received international attention for its unbelievable design. The latest attention comes from Retreat: The Modern House in Nature, a beautiful architectural book filled with stunning homes from across the globe.
3. Major transformation of East Austin's Plaza Saltillo coming from Domain developer. Big changes are on the horizon for East Austin. On Monday, Capital Metro approved a final agreement with Endeavor Real Estate Group and Columbus Realty to redevelop Plaza Saltillo, the 10-acre plot just east of I-35.
4. The 10 best restaurants for Easter brunch in Austin. Colorful egg hunts, bunnies, and brunches. These are things Easter dreams are made of. While you're on your own with the egg hunting and rabbits, we can point you in the right direction for where to eat during the holiday on Sunday, March 27.
5. New rooftop bar from cocktail dream team opens in South Austin. A swanky new cocktail bar is heating up the South Austin nightlife scene: Backbeat, the latest concept from drink.well. co-owners Jessica and Michael Sanders, opened on Tuesday.