Texas Hyperloop speeds to the top of this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Buzzy transportation news and juicy burgers lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. This high-speed system would get you from Austin to Dallas in just 20 minutes. A Star Wars-esque innovation promises to put at least some of the nightmarish traffic on Texas' most clogged roadways — I-35, I-45, and I-10 — in our rearview mirrors.
2. The nine best burgers in Austin vie for Tastemaker honor. Burgers are a staple of the Austin food scene, and we're celebrating the classic dish with a special category in our 2017 CultureMap Tastemaker Awards. Take a bite out of the Best Burger nominees.
3. Masters winner Sergio Garcia set to marry former University of Texas golfer. What an early wedding present. Part-time Central Texan and pro golfer Sergio Garcia, who's engaged to former University of Texas golfer Angela Akins, notched his first major victory Sunday with a win at the PGA's revered Masters tournament.
4. Troubled downtown Austin restaurant space suffers another closure. Another restaurant is calling it quits at what has become a tricky Austin location. Dine, the modern restaurant at the Radisson hotel downtown, will close next month.
5. The most popular landscaping trends for 2017. In 2017, distinctive front yards are making a comeback, "smart" outdoor lighting is beginning to trend, and new homeowners are going gaga for personalized landscape design, according to the latest U.S. Houzz Landscape Trends Survey.