Links We Love
Chubby baby busts a move, bacon science and more links we love right now
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. This chubby baby has insane dance moves. The great thing about babies is that even when they aren't moving at all, they are pretty adorable. But this little baby has moves, yo. Her chubby frame grooves and shakes to the rhythm as her mother squeals with delight.
2. Homeless teen graduates as valedictorian and will attend college thanks to the Internet. Griffin Furlong has slipped in and out of homelessness after his mother died of cancer when he was 6 years old. He will graduate from high school as valedictorian in June and pay for college thanks to a GoFundMe campaign that raised more than $60,000.
3. Crossfit fail video makes going to the gym look even less appealing than usual. Crossfit is one of the latest fitness crazes to sweep the country. The minimalist equipment and hardcore exercises have created a cult-like following. But there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. It's painful to watch — but not as painful as it is to participate.
4. A scientific explanation for why bacon smells so good. Speaking of things we'd rather do than go to the gym, frying bacon recently went under the microscope. Chemists discovered that 150 compounds are released when strips of fatty pork hit the skillet, and they produce an unparalleled aroma. So next time you follow your nose to the breakfast table, you can just call yourself a slave to science.
5. Introducing the world's most ridiculous dining accessory. Graduate students in Taiwan have developed a combination napkin/table that is supposed to "improve the relationship and interaction between two people." It's a reinforced cloth that comes with straps at either end to connect two diners by their necks. We're not sure even bacon can save this invention.