Hot Clicks: Men make interesting decisions that rock Austin and the media
Happy weekend, everyone! We met a few of you at this week's Mixers on the Map, which was great fun, and hope to see more readers at future events. This week stood witness to some of the biggest stories in the history of CultureMap. Mostly owing to some men making some interesting decisions...
- Doug Guller, CEO of ATX Brands, LLC announced Tuesday that he has purchased an abandoned Hill Country town (via Craigslist) and named it after the company that made him his first million: Bikinis. You know, the "breastaurant."
- After his misguided rape-joke, you can sign a petition at change.org to request that Comedy Central's CEO take Daniel Tosh off the air once and for all.
- The former Seaholm promoter behind several large-scale NYE parties in past years has stepped up to revive the recently foreclosed Austin Music Hall.
- No one's stepping up to save downtown's Lovejoys though, to many dive bar fanatics' dismay.
- The new Kerbey Lanes look a little more Buzz Lightyear, a little less "diner."
Have a great weekend and tell us what you see out there. We'll be happy to report the highs and lows of Austin next week online.