Rental rumblings and restaurant openings dominate this week's top stories
Editor's note: A new Austin rent report and hot restaurant openings lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Six popular Austin neighborhoods where rent prices have actually dropped. The Austin housing market is heating up, but does the same hold true for rentals? The most recent report from rental website Zumper shows that prices have actually decreased in our fair city.
2. Austin's newest park, complete with pool and gardens, opens to the public. The rising temperatures shouldn't keep you from enjoying summer. Austin's newest green space debuted on Saturday, July 23 with a swimming pool, picnic area, and community garden.
3. The three hottest restaurant openings in Austin right now. Our city can't seem to escape restaurant closures, but there's a plethora of openings to get excited about. Here are three sizzling new restaurants on the Austin scene right now.
4. Nine design tips to add rustic charm to your home. From log cabins and renovated barns to new builds with country charm, rustic style draws its inspiration from the woods and lakes of the great outdoors. Check out these tips to make the most of a rustic home’s natural good looks with design ideas for porches, paint, pathways, and more.
5. Houston restaurant chain swoops into popular downtown Austin locale. The former home of Cantina Laredo won't be vacant for long. Come 2017, Houston-based restaurant chain Peli Peli will slide into the 2nd Street District space with South African fare.