We're Thankful For...
5 things every Austinite should be thankful for right now
Editor's note: From dive bars to essential eats, here are five things every Austinite should be thankful for right now. We bet you'll agree.
1. Hole in the Wall is still a hole in the wall. For more than 40 years, this music-filled dive bar has been an Austin icon, and thanks to some savvy negotiating, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.
2. Dog & Duck lives! That was a dark year for the Austin pub scene, huh? But the Dog & Duck Pub is alive and well in new digs on the east side, so go raise a glass (or two).
3. Tacos. We could eat them every day, and we just might, now that we have this Texas Monthly-approved list of the best ones in town.
4. Dazed & Confused finally has a (spiritual) sequel. Alright, alright, alright. Richard Linklater's new film will premiere at SXSW 2016, more than 20 years after the cult favorite's release.
5. New restaurants — so many of them. Like these hot new restaurants that should be on your must-try list.
Bonus: The best big city in America. Traffic sucks, and there are too many newbies moving in, but you're living in the best large city in America — don't forget it.