Lake Austin institution skis into new location, plus more popular stories
Editor's note: Among the biggest stories in the Capital City right now: a local institution's second location and an exciting development for Austin's "Central Park." Read on for more of the headlines that captured your attention this week.
1. 6 things to know in Austin food: Lake Austin icon wades into new spot. Lake Austin favorite Ski Shores Cafe is moving inland with a second location on Barton Springs Road, and the announcement made quite the splash in our latest roundup of restaurant news.
2. Austin's 'Central Park' reveals plans for new 5,000-seat amphitheater. The ambitious renovation of downtown's Waller Creek got even more exciting this week with the unveiling of plans for an amphitheater in Waterloo Park.
3. Heavenly new hotel brings 1970s lakeside vibes to South Austin. Hotel Magdalena — the latest Bunkhouse project — is bringing retro Austin vibes to South Congress Avenue, and it plans to open this spring.
4. Famous bun brand slides into Austin grocery stores for first time ever. Bread lovers, rejoice: East Coast favorite Martin's Famous Potato Rolls have hit the shelves of local H-E-B stores.
5. Austin billionaire pledges $100 million for low-income UT students. The Michael & Susan Dell Foundation has made a 10-year, $100 million commitment to support low-income students at the University of Texas at Austin. Hook 'em.