Links We Love
Urban dictionary spelling bee, awkward dogs and more links we love right now
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. National spelling champions throw down in Urban Dictionary bee. Last week's Scripps Spelling Bee ended in an unusual tie between Sriram Hathwar and Ansun Sujoe, a Fort Worth resident. The pair exhausted every word in the bee, so Mashable cracked open the Urban Dictionary.
2. The most awkward moments in the history of dogs. When our four-legged friend find themselves in awkward situations, it's usually because you, dear owner, put them there. But sometimes they don't need any help looking ridiculous.
3. Serena Williams crashes beach wedding dressed in a leopard unitard. Tennis superstar Serena Williams happened upon a wedding party at Miami Beach and decided to join the fun. Wearing a leopard print swimsuit, Serena hopped into a photo with the bride and groom. Game, set, match.
4. Five ways robots are shrinking the gap with humans. Although we may not be living the space-age life of the Jetsons yet, robots are making big strides in closing the gap with humans. Researchers say today's robots can now express emotion and move autonomously.
5. Anatomy of a dance hit: why we love to boogie with Pharrell. If you thought you had a choice whether or not to dance when "Happy" came on the radio, you were wrong. Turns out, our human bodies might as well be robots when faced with just the right rhythm.