Editor's note: A wet and wild weekend is underway, so why not spend it curled up with our most popular stories? Read on to uncover what got Austin's attention this week.
1. Where to drink in Austin right now: 7 authentic neighborhood dive bars. From The Frisco to Dolce Vita, losing so many of Austin's institutions lately has bummed us out. This week, we returned to our roots with a roundup of Austin's most beloved neighborhood haunts.
2. Foxy new restaurant leaps into downtown Austin with Southern-Italian fare. This quirky new eatery from the owners of Cedar Door Patio Bar & Grill is bound to be a den of respite in its busy downtown neighborhood.
3. New family-friendly restaurant emerges in the wilds of West Austin. What do you get when you combine a miniature golf course, a custom playscape, and a killer bar? Austin's newest family dining destination, of course.
4. Where to shop in Austin right now: 7 best boutiques to shop local this fall. It may be a few weeks until we can wear our new fall fashions, but that's never stopped us from shopping early. This season, as you prepare to upgrade your look, bypass those chain stores in favor of Austin's chicest boutiques.
5. Step inside 14 magnificent Austin abodes during the AIA Homes Tour 2018. One of our favorite events is back for its 32nd year. The AIA Austin Homes Tour is truly a remarkable weekend, showcasing the best in Austin architecture and design.