Austin's public marketplace adds 2 local businesses, plus more hot headlines
Editor's note: If you're wondering what that giant ball of light in the sky is, it's the sun. After what has felt like an entire month of rain, this weekend is shaping up to be a beautiful, balmy reprieve. Before you head out, take a look at our top stories. (And don't forget to put on sunscreen.)
1. Austin's massive new public marketplace brews up 2 more local businesses. Arguably one of Austin's most anticipated projects, St. Elmo Market hopes to be the city's answer to Seattle's Pike Place or New York's Chelsea Market. This week, two more local companies signed onto the South Congress project.
2. Legendary local chef fills a void with new Mexican restaurant in Northwest Austin. The chef behind legendary local spots Cafe Josie and Mother's Cafe & Garden is heading north(west) to open his next endeavor: a Mexican restaurant.
3. Stylish reservations-only speakeasy debuts in historic downtown Austin hotel. Classic cocktails, luxe interiors, one of the best bartender's in Austin leading the charge? We're in. Find out all the details about this new haunt (plus how to, you know, actually score a table).
4. Austin couple's Driftwood wedding transforms into bittersweet celebration of love and life. A beautiful, haunting story of love and unexpected loss.
5. 1,400-acre luxury community breaks ground in sleepy Austin suburb. Manor is getting a whole new look. In addition to luxury condos, this massive development will include a golf course, dog park, restaurants, and more.