Yuk it Up
Moontower Comedy Festival unleashes first round of headliners for 2020
Moontower Comedy Festival is returning to downtown Austin with big-name headliners, up-and-coming comedians, special shows, and podcast tapings. On November 15, the fest rolled out the first round of performers for Moontower 2020, which takes place at venues across Austin beginning April 22 through April 25.
Festival headliners include Nikki Glaser; Dan Soder; Randy Feltface; Andrew Schulz; and Roy Wood, Jr., who fans may recognize as a senior correspondent from The Daily Show. Per tradition, headliners take the stage at the Paramount and State theaters on Congress Avenue throughout the weekend.
Also headlining is Middleditch & Schwartz, aka comedy duo Thomas Middleditch (HBO’s Silicon Valley) and Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation). Together, they will perform a completely improvised two-man show.
In total, the festival revealed 29 performers and acts for 2020:
- Adrienne Iapalucci (The Degenerates, Vadge)
- Amy Miller (Doug Loves Movies)
- Anna Drezen (Late Late Show with James Corden, SNL writer)
- Anthony DeVito (Late Show with Stephen Colbert)
- Beth Stelling (Crashing, 2 Dope Queens)
- Big Jay Oakerson (Hustlers, Legion of Skanks)
- Brian Simpson (Lights Out with David Spade)
- Catherine Cohen (Late Night with Seth Meyers, High Maintenance, Broad City)
- Cipha Sounds (host of Laff Mobb’s Laff Tracks)
- Emmy Blotnick (Conan, Late Show with Stephen Colbert)
- Fahim Anwar (Variety’s “Comics to Watch”)
- Goddamn Comedy Jam
- Hannah Einbinder (Just for Laughs’ New Faces, coming soon to Conan)
- Jessica Kirson (Relatively Sane podcast, The View)
- Joe List (The Standups, Conan, cohost of Tuesdays with Stories podcast)
- Josh Adam Meyers (The 500 podcast)
- Kyle Dunnigan (Inside Amy Schumer, Reno 911)
- Marina Franklin (Single Black Female, Conan, 2 Dope Queens)
- Mark Normand (The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Conan, cohost of Tuesdays with Stories podcast)
- Nore Davis (Comedy Central Presents, Conan)
- Pete Lee (The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon)
- The Sklar Brothers (Glow, Those Who Can’t)
In addition to the Paramount and State, performers will pop up in unexpected venues across downtown, as well as Cap City Comedy Club on Research Boulevard.
Moontower, now in its ninth year, is already becoming one of North America's premier comedy festivals, drawing comparisons to Montreal's Just for Laughs and the New York Comedy Festival, among others. Over the next six months, fans can expect additional lineup drops from organizers — including additional big-name headliners.
Moontower Comedy Festival badges are on sale now and range in price from the $1,000 Front-Row Star Badge to the $99 Satellite Badge. For additional badge options and more information, head here.