Editor's note: This week was all about billions, like the billion-dollar company setting up on the east side or Apple's new billion-dollar investment in North Austin. Read on to see what else captured our attention this week.
1. Billion-dollar tech company secures prime East Austin real estate for new headquarters. Smart-home tech company Resideo Technologies Inc. announced in October it is moving company headquarters from Minneapolis-St. Paul to Austin. This week, the company announced it snapped up one primo spot in East Austin for its massive new office space.
2. Downtown's trendy food hall suffers closure of beloved Austin cheese shop. Fareground, one of Austin's most anticipated openings of 2018, suffered a major loss this week when locally owned Antonelli's announced it's departing the food hall. We could hardly brie-lieve the news.
3. Infamous Austin breastaurant suits up for new sports bar concept. Goodbye, Bikinis. (Or, perhaps, good riddance.)
4. Korean fried chicken restaurant kicks into North Austin and more food news. This week's news round up is filled with tasty tidbits and meaty morsels about the city's restaurant scene, including a new Korean fried chicken spot in Lakeline Mall.
5. Apple bites into North Austin with new $1 billion campus and 5,000 potential jobs. Apple announced on Thursday that will invest $1 billion (which, fun fact, is about the GDP of the entire country of Grenada) in a new North Austin campus. The tech giant didn't reveal an exact location, saying only it would be less than a mile from the company's current Parmer Lane offices.