Austin's Seaholm District welcomes dazzling new restaurant, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Downtown Austin's Seaholm District welcomes dazzling new restaurant. Ember Kitchen & Subterra Agave Bar is coming to the Seaholm District in early 2023.
2. New coalition makes noise to stop proposed concert venue in Southwest Austin. Stop Fitzhugh Concert Venue is fighting back against a proposed music venue in an otherwise quiet locale.
3. Austin couple's cookie company wins prestigious award for baking up safe spaces. The pair behind Wunderkeks went from selling their cookies at farmers markets to managing a thriving e-commerce bakery.
4. Austin suburb strikes major development deal with Las Vegas-based tech company. Round Rock has reached an agreement with Las Vegas-based data center provider, Switch, that includes at least $80 million in city improvements.
5. Cinemark movie chain opens Austin-area theaters for college football playoffs. This postseason, fans can catch three of the biggest college football games on the big screen.