East Riverside development takes over more than 20 acres, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. New Riverside complex plots massive mixed-use development for East Austin. East Riverside Gateway will be a new seven-building, urban mixed-use complex at the corner of East Riverside Drive and Highway 71.
2. First-of-its-kind Hill Country resort blends acclaimed Texas winery, brewery, and spa. A new(ish) Hill Country resort with a winery, a brewery, and a spa is along a stretch of the famous “Texas wine road” between Johnson City and Stonewall.
3. SXSW's best and biggest free series takes the Outdoor Stage with lineup including The Zombies. Psychedelic rock pioneers, New Orleans-style street bands, and ska covers are on the 2023 lineup for South by Southwest's popular outdoor stage.
4. Ye olde Austin renaissance faire marks mead-fueled March and April return. The bustling temporary town at Sherwood Forest offers enough to keep adventurers busy for a whole weekend if they take their time and mind their coin.
5. Here are the top 5 things to do in Austin this weekend. We’re seeing world-class tennis, top-tier barbecue, and endless bubbly on the entertainment agenda in our near future. Sip and sample more than 100 hard seltzers or see Steve Aoki live.