Crane flies have landed ever so lightly in Austin, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Crane flies have landed ever so lightly in Austin, which means one thing. If they seem to be in larger numbers, it's, as usual, related to weather.
2. Soul songstresses Gladys Knight and Patti LaBelle join forces for Austin tour stop. Labelle and Knight will perform at the Bass Concert Hall on June 19.
3. Austin's apartment construction rate is the highest in the nation, says new report. Austin’s apartment construction rate is three times larger than the average rate in 50 of the largest American metros.
4. Ethan Hawke explores Paul Newman's West at special Austin Film Society screenings. Austin-born actor Ethan Hawke added context to each film from Newman's life based on research from his recent HBO docuseries, The Last Movie Stars.
5. Here are the top 5 things to do in Austin this weekend. Music awards, mile-high kites, and family-friendly picnicking top our agenda for the days ahead.