Peek inside Austin's first 2-story H-E-B, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Peek inside Austin's first 2-story H-E-B, now open. The first multi-level H-E-B in Austin, the 97,000-square-foot store celebrated its official opening on February 15.
2. 2 Austin restaurants make Texas Monthly's list of best new spots in the state. The magazine says Maie Day "might be the most unexpected steakhouse in town," and Diner Bar is a "bastion of unpredictability."
3. Legendary author's personal estate set for auction at Central Texas gallery. The auction will feature a wide range of treasures, including personal copies of the author's books and memorabilia from his Hollywood productions.
4. Austin Modern Home Tour extends to the Hill Country with spectacular 2-day showcase. Taking place on February 25 and 26, the goal of the two tours is to showcase talented architects, designers, and developers in the Central Texas area.
5. Famous LGBTQIA+ barbershop from San Francisco starts shaving in Austin. Daddy's Barbershop chose Austin for its first expansion outside of California.