A stately new supper club leads this week's 5 most-read headlines
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From comfort foods to a new cultural hub, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Stately new Austin restaurant hopes to turn regulars into friends. A new diner is bringing back the American supper club, aiming to become a local dining and social destination where sophistication meets fun.
2. Good soup, extravagance, and cozy cafes: Our staff share their favorite Austin meals of 2023. We're here to share some real post-game opinions to inform your next year of culinary choice-making.
3. Austin theater gets $4.5 million for most permanent home in decades. Austin Playhouse has been bringing unique and local theatrical performances to Austin for more than 20 years, and now it’s embarking on its most ambitious production yet.
4. San Francisco's famed Midnite Bagel rolling in for Austin residency. The Cafe at the Loren is showcasing Midnite Bagel's acclaimed selection of bagels, sandwiches, bread, and desserts as grab-and-go options in January.
5. Austin suburb's ZIP code stands out on new list of hottest U.S. housing markets in 2023. Leander's 78641 ZIP code earned No. 13 in the report, a four-place drop from No. 9 in 2022.